Denine T. Rice - DDS, MS is Pinhole® Certified Clinician in Riverside, CA
Gum recession breakthrough treatment is also known as Pinhole® Gum Rejuvenation and Lunchtime Gum Lift™
This procedure is performed by making a small hole with a needle in the gum tissue. Using specially designed instruments, the gum tissue is loosened and guided over the receded part of the tooth. Since there is no incision or suturing, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling and bleeding). Patients also are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement.
NO SCALPEL! NO SUTURES! NO PAIN!
6 months result
Post Op Instructions for 6 Weeks
- NO BRUSHING the surgical sites (Do not use cotton swabs, cloth or any soft or hard object to clean area).
- NO FLOSSING the surgical sites.
- NO TOUCHING the surgical sites with finger or any other device or object. DO NOT LICK the surgical area.
- Do not sleep with hands under the cheek.
- No facial massages for 6 weeks and do not massage that area of the face for any reason.
- NO LOOKING: Do not obsess over or question Doctor about appearance of gums for 6 weeks. You cannot look without pulling cheeks.
- RINSE ONLY WITH LIPS APART: SLOSHING ONLY (no chipmunk cheeks when you rinse).
- Do not play wind instruments for 6 weeks.
- No sucking on foods/objects or spitting.
- Do not blow balloons.
- No mints over surgical area.
- No smoking, chewing tobacco, cigar, pipe or recreational marijuana. Please consult a doctor if you use marijuana for medical purposes.
- Wear 24-hour appliance or night guard as prescribed (if recommended by a doctor). Failure to wear appliance may cause a relapse. Check with your doctor if you wear any other appliances (e.g., retainers, Invisalign, Perio-Protect, etc.)
- No Clenching or grinding of the teeth. (no heavy lifting/weight lifting that require clenching of the teeth).
- No heavy aerobics, vigorous exercising/dancing or physical activity for 6 weeks. (walking or non-strenuous activities are ok).
- No Snorkeling for 6 months.
- ICE OVER AREA at 10-minute intervals for the first 48 hours to minimize swelling.
- DO NOT BE ALARMED ABOUT SOFT SWELLING OR BRUISING FOR THE FIRST WEEK.
- DO NOT EAT crunchy or sticky food (like bread) that can get stuck on or in between your teeth.
- No scalding hot drinks (tea, coffee, water or hot soups).
- No triclosan, hydrogen peroxide, bleach or any Non-FDA approved concoctions [oil pulling, holistic mouth rinses, or homeopathic remedies].
- EXPECT cold sensitivity for 6 weeks or longer. DO REPORT sensitivity during check-up appointments.
- PAIN CONTROL - take one each of Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and NSAID (Motrin or Advil) at the same time, subject to other instructions by your dentist.
- CALL DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE UNEXPECTED PAIN, CONTINUOUS BLEEDING, OR HEAT FROM SURGICAL SITE.
- Patient MUST return to our office 24 hours after surgery, 1 week after surgery, 3 weeks after surgery, and 6 weeks after surgery.
- After the 6th week you may brush surgical area with special extra, extra soft brush dispensed by our office for 6 MONTHS.